Via whits blog:
Here's my go:
- It's a nightmare to debug if you aren't familiar with it.
- Testing is hard and loops back into point 2.
- Go use dojo or another fine toolkit like scriptalicious, they remove much of the cross browser hell.
- Have you seen the Venkman debugger? There are many other fine tools out there.
- Selenium and other fine testing products are now available.
In the end though number 1 is the killer. It's had such a bad rap for so many years it takes time to get over this. Get over it, go do something interesting and you'll see it's not as bad as it was.